Monday, July 13, 2009

Week 6 - More Curves Networking & Modeling

This week has been a productive week in terms of Updating the Blog. I have nearly completed all NURBs Curves for the basic shape of the Lamborghini. I have been having various difficulties with finalizing the network in terms of getting the general network laid out, due to Maya just being a little bit of a pain. I have over come this problems buy using Incremental saves and going back to previous versions of anything that might have not worked correctly. I have spent way too much time on getting these curves to look perfect, only because once i reach the modeling phase, things will be alot better for me and easier, because all i have to do is snap polygons to the curves, and not manipulating the network anymore, and not modifying the polygons anymore. For this reason, i can understand why i have spent so much time on the curve network, but overall, my work flow will be much improved and faster once this curve network is completed.

I will post up some pictures of how i am going with the overall project tomorrow, as im just to tried to do it now. Overall the IEP project has chewed up alot of my time, and i have not been working on this as much as i could of been. I will focus on getting the network finalized by tomorrow and i will have definitely started Modeling by then.

The only good news to report is that my educational license of Hyper-shot has come through and i can wait to jump into it to create the beautiful renders. Im really looking forward to Hyper-shot, and its just more motivation to finish the model in Maya, and move on to more beautiful things like Hyper-shot and Photo-shop.

Will post more information tomorrow and pics of the final network of curves and the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment