Sunday, July 19, 2009

Week 7 - Curve Network Finalised & Finished

Well, after 103 Incremental saves and after 14 hours of work, i have managed to finally finish the cursed curve network. It was really difficult running into so many various problems and difficulties and not having any help whats so ever. I know that even though the final model may not look 100% right, and may not be modeled 100% correctly, i dont care anymore, because 99% of the people out there will not be able to tell, unless they have modeled this car before. I jumped on some forums for some inspiration and found so many awesome Lamborghini's done in 3D, i got really depressed and hoped that my model would at least look decent when compared to these other models.

I have enclosed some screen pics of the curve network, they are below. What i did was group everything that i have done, and duplicated it over and modified the scale x value to -1, this gave me a complete model. I then proceeded to take some screen grabs of what the final model looks like in curve format. I'm excited to move onto the Modeling after such a delay, and hope that it goes more smoothly than the curves. I believe the hard work is over, and even though i am using an un-conventional way of modeling this car, i believe that my modeling experience will now be alot easier thanks to the network. i must admit that it took a lot longer than i originally planed for, but im sure that my modeling stage will be quick and painless now thanks to the references and exact locations of the curve network....Theres only one way to find out and that is to begin the modeling....

Here are some screen grabs of the final curve network...ENJOY

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

No comments:

Post a Comment